National Weed Your Garden Day
Did you know that June 13th is National Weed Your Garden Day?
It serves as a reminder to all gardeners to take an extra few minutes weeding their gardens. Not anyone’s favourite task. So how can you make it easier?
- Try to recognise and remove weeds before they get too large or begin to flower.
- Use the right gardening tools. A fork, trowel and gardening gloves are a must.
- Damp soil makes weeding much easier. Weed after rain or spray with water.
- Remove the whole weed, roots to flower.
- Mow with a catcher to eliminate the possibility of seeds spreading back into your lawn.
Our gardens in Bendigo face long, hot, dry summers. They suffer water restrictions and an unpredictable climate. But you can still have a garden that looks great and copes with our challenging climate by simply planting natives. This benefits you, the local wildlife, and the environment and with so many local varieties to choose from, your garden can still be your own unique oasis.
Our landscapers say, “planning is key” and advise looking at your site plan to see which areas of your garden will get the most sun and plan accordingly. If you’re not sure what to plant in your garden, take a walk around your local neighbourhood to see what grows well.
At Lansell Homes, we provide a landscaping base and work with you to design the basic layout for garden beds, lawn and walkways with timber edging strips to delineate each area ready for you to start planting, and adding your personal touches so its a good idea to have a plan ready.